Thursday, December 27, 2012

One month in...

So I'm one month into my new lifestyle.  I've decided that is what I'm calling it - a lifestyle - because a diet seems temporary...and difficult to do....and boring.  Lifestyle has a more all around feel to it - sounds more permanent. 

In the last month, I have started juicing fresh fruits and vegetables daily, cut out dairy and eggs almost completely (cut out meat about 7 years ago) and have really tried to focus on eating non-processed, whole, good for you type foods.  Sure, I've had Chinese a few times, experimented with a Tofurky vegan pizza (not terrible - but EXPENSIVE), but I believe that you can't completely deprive yourself or you set yourself up for failure from the start.

So far, in 28 days, I have lost 13 lbs.  I'm not sure how many inches because I didn't measure at the beginning.  That is on my agenda for tomorrow.

I'm very happy with this progress.  Usually, I hate going to the doctor because I have to get on the scale.  Right now, I have a crazy bad cold and I'm tempted to make an appointment just because I want my doctor to see my progress since I was there the last time (3 days into this journey) for my yearly physical. 

My brother and my step dad both mentioned to me on Christmas that they noticed a difference - and when two guys notice - there must be something going on.  Especially my dad - he's usually pretty oblivious.  I love him, but it's true.

So here goes month two.  Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you did it through Christmas but you stayed on track. Great job. We are all behind you in your lifestyle change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so proud of you Kelly! We are rooting for you :)

    ReplyDelete