Saturday, December 29, 2012

Detoxing fun

So I thought I should go back and detail some of the interesting (and funny) things that have happened to me over the last month.  I have gotten quite a few skeptical, raised eyebrow looks from colleagues at school as I walk around with my tumbler filled with random green juices.  Overall, everyone is supportive, but not interested in joining me.  The second day of the change, I had a terribel headache.  I felt nauseous,   After doing some research, I determined that I was basically going through withdrawl of crappy food and my body was detoxing.  I drank about a gallon and a half of water and decided that taking a detox bath would be a great idea to help cleanse myself of all the yuckiness trying to escape. 

I consulted Pinterest (who needs Google anymore?) and found a detox bath that sounded pretty easy to do.  I picked up the different ingredients on the way home (epsom salt and baking soda).  I moved my iHome into the bathroom, started filling the tub and got my Nook. 

Now, I have never taken a bath in my house.  Never.  I have lived here for 4 and a half years and have never even really felt the urge to take a bath.  What happened next reminded me why.

I got stepped into the tub and sat down.  At this point I realized that I have the most shallow bathtub on the face of the planet.  Instantly, the water level reached well above the emergency drain and started emptying.  I tried to lean back and relax and at this point I realized that I am about a foot too tall to fit comfortably in the tub.  By then the water had mostly drained from the tub and I was either sitting up, with my legs submerged or laying back with my knees sticking out of the water.  By the end, I was frustrated, cold and felt the need to remodel my bathroom.  Needless to say, this was not the relaxing, cleansing experience I was hoping for.

Whether the bath helped or not, I felt much better the next day.  I have felt great ever since - with the exception of this week.  More on that later.

1 comment: