Friday, February 22, 2013

Plateau

So I'm starting to get frustrated with myself.   I'm not gaining, but I'm not losing.  Jumping on the carb train while I was recovering totally derailed my progress and distracted me with the joys of empty nutrition. 

I'm eating healthy salads daily for lunch but I have this crazy salt craving right after that can only be satisfied by pretzels or chips.  I try to fight it, but I'm stuck in the routine and it's rough.

Tomorrow I start working out again.  My gym bag is packed and I'm going as soon as I wake up and eat something.  Hopefully working out will kick my metabolism back into super burn mode - which I was in before the diverticulitis derailment.  Maybe I need to do a few days on juice only again to restart my system.  My goal was to lose 15 more pounds by spring break, but I'm not sure that will happen now because I've been literally within a pound up or down for the last two weeks.  Very frustrating.  So frustrating that I seem to be writing in sentence fragments. 

I also need to start writing here more often.  I think it really helps to get everything down on "paper" and see my goals.  It also makes me remember the motto of a former Weight Watchers leader  - If you bite it, write it.  Doing this keeps me on track.  I think I'll start using My Fitness Pal again, too.  That really helped me see how many calories I ate and helped me think twice before impulse eating. 

Ready, Set, Go....

No comments:

Post a Comment